Working at HEC
Join our Team! We are celebrating 36 years’ of providing full service engineering expertise, Harwood Engineering continues to revel in its multi-disciplinary engineering talents and provide superior service throughout all phases of building and site construction. We offer structural, civil, landscape, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, and telecommunication engineering solutions.
We provide a comprehensive benefits program which reflects our healthy attitude towards a positive work/life balance, along with an energetic culture and incredible work environment. We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.Candidates should submit their resume and compensation requirements to email@example.com.
Who we are:
We have an opportunity for a Mechanical Project Engineer to join our team. You will be responsible for supporting the engineering needs of clients specific to HVAC design and applications. You will be an integral team member and will manage and participate in design reviews and other team development processes.
What you’ll do:
- Utilize drafting/design/load calculation software and technique to ensure that the design intent is achieved.
- Lead preparation of technical reports, plans, specifications, and supporting documents.
- Design of Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning Systems.
- Fill out permits, plan approval forms, etc. in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the completeness and accuracy of drawings.
- Visit job site to verify existing conditions and observe construction progress.
- Lead design efforts and meet production deadlines.
- Assist and participate in project pursuits, interviews and varied business development activities.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering and 7+ years’ experience.
- Professional Engineer, registered in Wisconsin.
- Significant technical experience in systems design of HVAC controls systems.
- Knowledge & experience with HVAC equipment and installation.
- Proficient with Revit, AutoCAD, Trace 700, COMcheck and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Adept with HVAC design fundamentals, including a background and knowledge of IMC, IBC, IECC, ASHRAE, FGI, and life safety code.
- Provide technical expertise for various projects during full life-cycle of the project.
- Actively educate clients on technical matters and provide guidance on design details.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Involved outside of the office in client and industry related events, with a focus on business development and building client relationships.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.