Working at HEC
Celebrating 36 years’ of providing full service engineering expertise, Harwood Engineering continues to revel in its multi-disciplinary engineering talents and provide superior service throughout all phases of building and site construction. We offer civil, landscape, structural, electrical, lighting design, mechanical, plumbing, fire protection and security technologies solutions. The scope of services we provide are backed by years of experience which ensures each project is completed with meticulous attention to detail. Due to continued growth we have the following openings:
We have an opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer to join our team. You will be responsible for supporting the engineering needs of clients specific to HVAC design and applications. You will work with team to design engineering and documentation activities for mechanical projects.
What you’ll do:
- Utilize drafting/design/load calculation software and technique to ensure that the design intent is achieved.
- Assist with the preparation of technical reports, plans, specifications, and supporting documents.
- Design of Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning Systems.
- Fill out permits, plan approval forms, etc. in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the completeness and accuracy of drawings.
- Work cooperatively and collaboratively with project team of designers and engineers to follow through with tasks and recommend solutions for completing design tasks.
- Recommend ways to improve process, quality, and coordination efforts.
- Visit job site to verify existing conditions and observe construction progress.
- Work under the advisement of a senior project engineer to support design efforts.
- Meet production deadlines.
- May assist and participate in project pursuits, interviews and varied business development activities.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering and 6-8 years’ experience.
- Working towards PE licensure.
- Relevant technical experience in systems design of HVAC controls systems.
- Ability to read and interpret plans, construction documents and equipment specifications.
- Knowledge & experience with HVAC equipment and installation.
- Proficient with Revit, AutoCAD, Trace 700, COMcheck and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Familiar with HVAC design fundamentals, including a background and knowledge of IMC, IBC, IECC, ASHRAE, FGI, and life safety code.
- Support team member providing technical assistance for various projects during full life-cycle of the project.
- Handle multiple tasks/projects and manage priorities accordingly.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills to draft correspondence, reports and communicate effectively with all project team members.
Join our Team! We provide a comprehensive benefits program which reflects our healthy attitude towards a positive work/life balance, along with an energetic culture and incredible work environment. We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.Candidates should submit their resume and compensation requirements to email@example.com.