Working at HEC
Celebrating 36 years’ of providing full service engineering expertise, Harwood Engineering continues to revel in its multi-disciplinary engineering talents and provide superior service throughout all phases of building and site construction. We offer structural, civil, landscape, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, and telecommunication engineering solutions; the scope of services we provide is backed by years of experience which ensures each project is completed with meticulous attention to detail. Due to continued growth we have the following openings:
We have an opportunity for a Electrical Project Manager to join our team. You will be responsible for the successful management and delivery of electrical engineering projects; working closely with the design team and serving as the primary contact with clients.
What you’ll do:
- Manage and oversee electrical engineering projects of various sizes and complexity.
- Manage project activities and schedules including project cost summaries, the allocation of resources, documentation and other factors necessary for success.
- Serve as a technical resource for a multi-disciplined team of professionals including Engineers, Designers, Planners and Project Architects.
- Provide quality and cost control during the design and construction process.
- Work with Municipalities and other approval bodies.
- Lead internal and external meetings to review the status of jobs and implement changes as necessary to ensure timely project completion.
- Recommend ways to improve process, quality, and coordination efforts.
- Visit job site to verify existing conditions and observe construction progress.
- Participates in new project pursuits, interviews and business development activities, attending events and cultivating new clients.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering and 10 + years’ related experience.
- Licensed PE in Wisconsin.
- Experience with designing and developing constructions documents for electrical power, lighting and low voltage systems.
- Strong understanding of engineering contractors, suppliers and manufacturers.
- Experience with Revit, AutoCAD and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills to draft correspondence, reports and communicate effectively with all project stakeholders.
- Demonstrated success in project delivery and execution of project management methods.
- Organized with effective time management skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and presentation skills; able to communicate clearly with team members and clients.
Join our Team! We provide a comprehensive benefits program which reflects our healthy attitude towards a positive work/life balance, along with an energetic culture and incredible work environment. We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.Candidates should submit their resume and compensation requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.