Kenosha Public Museum – Kenosha, WI
HARWOOD ENGINEERING has completed design for museums. Engineering a museum requires special consideration in order to provide the perfect environment for visitors and the treasured contents. Museum architecture is usually grand with high ceilings, narrow corridors and large open spaces. Our engineers creatively provide systems that do not distract from the architectural design or the displays and discretely operate in the background. HVAC design pays special attention to temperature, air flow and humidity in order to preserve the museum’s collections.
Lighting design in a museum space is crucial to creating the correct mood and highlighting the desired features of the display. The design needs to provide flexibility in areas where collections occasionally change. Display lighting of three dimensional items are mocked up during design so all parties concerned can see how a particular item will look.
Our Museum Experience:
- Kenosha Public Museum – Kenosha, WI
- Discovery World Museum – Milwaukee, WI
- Harley-Davidson Museum – Milwaukee, WI
- Jewish Museum Milwaukee – Milwaukee, WI
- John Michael Kohler Arts Center – Sheboygan, WI
- Leigh Yawkey Woodson Art Museum – Wausau, WI
- Milwaukee Public Museum – Milwaukee, WI
- Modine Manufacturing Museum (Construction Phase) – Racine, WI
- Snap-On Tools Museum – Kenosha, WI
- Ten Chimneys – Genesee Depot, WI
- Villa Terrace Arts Museum – Milwaukee, WI