There is a large variety of services offered by the lighting design department here at Harwood Engineering, here are just a few.
- Complete interior and exterior lighting design from schematic design to construction
- Thematic lighting design
- Provide mock-ups to test and verify lighting concepts
- Construction administration including assistance with aiming fixtures
- Lighting fixture specifications
- Lighting control design from simple local switching to complex automated systems
- Illuminance/egress/energy calculations
- Energy/ROI analysis
- LEED and Focus on Energy documentation
- Revit design
The Lighting Design Department has more than 15 years of design experience in a wide variety of projects including high-end commercial and retail, restaurants, schools and universities, healthcare facilities, municipal buildings, hotels and convention centers, casinos, waterparks, worship centers, and both single and multi-family residences.
We believe lighting is more than just foot-candles, but rather an opportunity to create a unique experience, add drama, set a mood and enhance the overall architecture of a space.
From project inception to issuance of BID documents, we work very closely with the architects, interior designers and owners to fully understand the intent of the project and then provide a functional and cohesive lighting design. During construction administration, we continue to follow the process to ensure the design intent has been met, including but not limited to proper light levels, aiming, programming and control.
Senior Associate | Senior Lighting Designer