The electrical department offers these services:
- Full electrical design for new and remodeled buildings
- Development of scope documents.
- Assistance with design/build contractors
- Evaluation of existing electrical systems and recommendations.
- Discussions with serving utility companies.
- Preparation and submission of LEED documentation.
- Commissioning services.
- Use of Building Information Modelling (BIM) in producing 3-D documents for project coordination.
The Electrical Department has an array of engineers and designers with diverse backgrounds and specialties. All of the department engineers are professional engineers licensed in the state of Wisconsin.
A brainstorming approach is taken at the beginning of each project. This results in the most cost effective, energy efficient electrical design for each project type.
With the variety of project types completed, Harwood Engineering has been able to developed a cost database, which allows the department members to help assure that the systems designed stay within the construction budget.
Before construction documents are considered complete, all of the documents are coordinated with the plans of all other project team members. They are also reviewed by a senior department member for correctness, code compliance, constructability, and cost.
Thomas E. Petersen, PE, LEED AP
Principal | Director of Electrical Engineering