There is a large variety of services offered by the Civil Engineering department at Harwood Engineering. Here are just a few.
- RFP assistance and coordination for geotechnical and surveying services.
- Conceptual site design layout/due diligence/studies.
- Site development and re-development plans.
- Grading plans and mass grading earthwork quantity modeling.
- Parking lot design and layout reconfiguration.
- Subdivision planning and design.
- Sanitary sewer and lift station design.
- Watermain design.
- Permitting, including WDNR wetlands, Chapter 30, NOI, NOT, historic fill exemptions, MMSD, WisDOT, SEWRP, and all utility permitting.
- Stormwater management and water quality modeling.
- Storm sewer and drainage design.
- Bio-infiltration and wet/dry pond design.
- Erosion control plans.
- Roadway design.
- Park and multi-use pathway design.
- Industrial facility site development.
- Police and fire site development.
- Commercial, office, residential, and retail site development.
- Landscape design services.
- Grant application assistance.
- Municipal plan review consulting.
The Civil Engineering Department at Harwood Engineering Consultants, Ltd. was formed in 2005. The department’s background and leadership are founded on years of experience with private land development, municipal design, and municipal review for local and regional municipalities. The director of the department has also served on a local municipal review board. This diverse range of experience gives the Civil Department the knowledge in what is required to provide the customer with a complete civil package including design, municipal approvals, and project completion.
The department head is a fully licensed professional engineer in multiple states and is also a LEED accredited professional. Other department members are fully licensed in the state of Wisconsin.
We understand that the key to a successful project starts with keeping our clients informed and involved in both the design and approval processes, in addition to providing clear and concise construction documents. We also understand that a municipal approval process can at times be a challenge, and that is why we always make ourselves available. We see ourselves as a client’s representative and work to coordinate all parties involved from community to contractor.
Thomas B. Olejniczak, PE, LEED AP
President | Principal | Vice President - Director of Civil Engineering